Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bad Dog

-
So I went down hard when I was running with Rocky on the lead on Monday afternoon. I scraped off a good chunk of skin from my left palm, which was very, very painful. And continued to be so when I went home and had to pour water on it, lightly scrub the bare flesh with soapy water, and then pour---THREE TIMES---burning hydrogen peroxide on the open wound. Holy Mother of God. I'd always wondered, when watching movies where the hero has to pull a bullet out of his flesh without anesthetic, if I could do it. Though I couldn't bring myself to dig into the flesh to get out all the little fibers from my cotton glove out of my bare flesh, I did a good job of cleaning the wound, even though I was literally yelling and screaming the whole time. ("AH AH AH AH IT'S OKAY IT'S OKAY YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB KEEP IT UP YOU'RE ALMOST DONE IT'S OKAY LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER IT LOOKS AH AH AH AH")

I went to the doctor's yesterday and got more painful cleaning, and a scrip for a prescription-strength antibiotic ointment. Unfortunately the prescription ointment doesn't have a pain-relievers mixed in, as my Neosporine did, so it hurts more now than it did the first day. Am feeling extremely sorry for myself. I guess burn victims have this sensation all over their body.
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home