Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Recap

-
We had an eventful weekend. On Saturday we went to the Columbia Horse Center to take their free introductory lesson. I used to be pretty intimated by horses, but ever since we've had Rocky I've felt a new comfort level with all sorts of animals. I don't know why this is, since we had dogs growing up. But somehow having trained him ("He's trained?" you're thinking) and been primarily responsible for him, I feel differently. Anyway, we mounted, we walked, we trotted, and, most difficult of all, we dismounted, and then we signed up for 13-week lessons.

That afternoon we went to the Philips Collection in DC to see the exhibit of the Italian painter Morandi, who's kind of an art-school favorite. The works seemed kind of dull at first, but they grew on me, especially as I started looking at them more abstractly and less as the still lifes (lives?) they are.

In the late afternoon we met John and Laura, strolled around smelling roses and chatting with people, and finally had dinner at Restaurant Nora. I like Nora because it's all organic. The food was good, the service meh, the company great.






















-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home