Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In the Woods

-
I love this book. It's a police procedural that takes place in Ireland. Procedurals tend to contain the same elements, so it's kind of a mystery why some plod along and some soar. The writing is great in this book, on the literary side. But there's something about the set-up and the pacing that's just right too. Also, I think I know who the killer is. And those of you who know me well know that I believe the reader should be able to figure it out about 3/4 or 4/5 of the way through. If not, the author has strained to create an array of equally likely suspects, and the answer won't have a sense of rightness or inevitability to it.

Also, for book geeks: This is a cool website: www.coverbrowser.com



1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

oh, j'adore. yay!

October 7, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home