Friday, December 4, 2009

Depressing Music

-
I've been in a funk this week and trying to make the most of it. I put together a playlist called Depressing Music, which contains the following songs:

The Story, by Brandi Carlisle
Disappearing Act, by Chris Cornell
Mad World, by Michael Andrews
Where the Colors Don't Go, by Sam Phillips
Edge of the World, by Sam Phillips
Five Colors, by Sam Phillips
Black Light Blue, by Shelby Lynne
Hearing Damage, by Thom Yorke
Possibility, by Lykke Li
New Moon (The Meadow), by Alexandre Desplat

I think a little Lucinda Williams would fit in nicely too.

-

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

The Purple Lake of Desolation
by a child of divorce (courtesy of The Onion)

The purple lake of desolation
Is where I am.
Everywhere is purple
The color of loneliness

Who sent me here?
Was it my parents?
Was it my ex-best friend?
Or was it you?

The purple lake of desolation
Goes on to infinity
There is nothing but sadness
To be had here

The purple lake of desolation
Is a terrible place
But now the surprise
- It is just my life.

December 8, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home