Monday, February 22, 2010

Alexander McQueen

-
I've never been a big Alexander McQueen fan, and the Unholiness that was Gwyneth's dress at the Oscars the year after she won did not help:

























But after his suicide this week, I started looking at his work online and found a surprisingly great number of pieces on the like-to-love spectrum. Here's a sampling:







































The piece I like best of all is this number on Drew Barrymore. I LOVE the graphic design and the colors. It's the kind of dress that could be awful if not done right, but for me he gets it just right, making it interesting rather than messy:


1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

i, too, adored drew in that dress. i thought the hair was awful. they were trying to go with the punk princess bride and just made her look unwashed. they were THISclose.

February 23, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home