Friday, August 20, 2010

Indigo Girls

-

Ever since Lilith Fair I've been digging out my old Indigo Girls CD. I forgot how much I love this song:


VIRGINIA WOOLF


Some will strut and some will fret 
See this an hour on the stage 
Others will not but they'll sweat 
In their hopelessness in the rage 
We're all the same the men of anger 
And the women of the page 

They published your diary, and that's how i got to know you 
Key to the room of your own and a mind without end 
Here's a young girl on a kind of a telephone line through time 
The voice at the other end comes like a long-lost friend 

So I know I'm alright, my life will come my life will go 
Still I feel it's alright, I just got a letter to my soul 
When my whole life is on the tip of my tongue, empty pages for the no longer young, 
The apathy of time laughs in my face, you say each life has its place 

The hatches were battened, thunderclouds rolled and the critics stormed 
Battles surrounded the white flag of your youth 
But if you need to know that you weathered the storm of cruel mortality 
A hundred years later I'm sitting here living proof 

So you know it's alright, your life will come your life will go 
Still you'll feel it's alright, someone will get a letter to your soul 
When your whole life was on the tip of your tongue, empty pages for the no longer young 
The apathy of time laughed in your face, did you hear me say each life has its place 


The place where you hold me is dark in a pocket of truth 
The moon has swallowed the sun and the light of the earth 
And so it was for you when the river eclipsed your life 
But sent your soul like a message in a bottle to me and it was my rebirth 

So we know it's alright, life will come and life will go 
Still we know it's alright, someone will get a message to your soul 
Then you know it's alright and you feel it's alright 
(when my whole life is on the tip of my tongue empty pages for the no longer young) 
Then you know it's alright and you feel it's alright 
(each life has its place you say each life has its place) 
It's alright

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home