Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fennel Soup

-
About two months ago, my friend Eve started raving about a fennel soup that she had made. It sounded simple, and good enough, but I didn't feel the need to rush out and make it. Then she made it for my friend Mary and me for Mary's birthday. O. M. G. It was one of the most delicious things I've ever put in my mouth. I urge you to try this:

Eve's Fennel Soup

1. Chop up a bunch of fennel bulbs (and some of the ribs if you like), along with chopped onion.
2. Saute in butter till pretty tender. Take your time with this.
3. Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer till really tender.
4. Puree and return to pan.
5. Add a little milk or cream and serve.

If you want to freeze some, do so before adding the milk or cream.




-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home