Saturday, November 27, 2010

Playlist

-
Have been wallowing in some deliciously sad music:

1. Smells like Teen Spirit, Tori Amos cover. Slow and haunting.

2. Both Sides Now, Joni Mitchell. I love the Judy Collins version, but this one recorded by Joni Mitchell (the song's composer) is another beast entirely.

3. Who Knows Where the Time Goes, Judy Collins. Lovely song from the 60s.

This doesn't fit in my depressing-music playlist, but I've also been compulsively playing "Wedding Bell Blues" by the Fifth Dimension. The Fifth Dimension was a band from the 60s and 70s that my older siblings listened to and no one remembers anymore. But they have a good pop sound and lots of hits: "Up Up and Away," "The Age of Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine," "One Less Bell to Answer," and "Go Where You Wanna Go." I remember being obsessed with "Wedding Bell Blues" when I was a kid, especially since I had a crush on a guy named Bill when I was in the first grade. It's still a great pop song.
-
-

2 Comments:

Blogger farfromgruntled said...

My Judy Collins CD was the first CD I ever fell in love with! My dad got it for me in middle school and I still listen to it when I need a boost.

November 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed that you know Judy Collins! Very cool. I can see where you get your love of folk music.

November 27, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home