Monday, April 4, 2011

What the Dead Know, by Laura Lippman

-















I read this mystery almost constantly from the time I started it. The last time I read a book so obsessively was Eclipse, by the master of compulsive readability, Stephenie Meyer. This is the third Lippman novel I've read, and the best. When her first novel, Baltimore Blues, came out, I read it out of loyalty, since Baltimore is infrequently the setting of literature. It was just okay, and I didn't read another Lippman novel until her latest one, I'd Know You Anywhere,  garnered such amazing reviews. It was a quantum leap from that debut novel, a book that got better the longer I read. This one was even better.
-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this one very much, too. The Baltimore locations are nice for us locals too (I remember a shop that was obviously modelled on the wonderful Calico Cat craft shop), scenes at Security Square mall, etc.
Susan E

April 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home