Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Wide World of Vegetables


This week I got a letter from the woman in Afghanistan that I sponsor through Women for Women International. I was actually surprised to hear from her. When you join, they tell you that it's important to write to your sponsoree, but you may never hear back from her because many of these women are extremely traumatized by the things they've been through. My first sponsoree was a woman from Congo, and I did not hear from her.

But this lady from Afghanistan sounds extremely cheerful and excited about the program. She's studying farming in the program, and I'm happy to be able to write that I'm trying to raise vegetables myself and thus have a point in common with her, however slight. My cherry tomato plant has produced exactly three tiny tomatoes, but the bell pepper plants are thriving.


















-

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

mail me something veggie-tastic, please!

August 2, 2011 at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home