Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Current Music

-
In the CD player these days:

Thank You (best-of collection), Stone Temple Pilots: LOVE this collection. Scott Weiland is the most amazing, versatile vocalists, and the songwriting and musicianship are great.

Out of Exile, Audioslave: Not as good as the best of Soundgarden (I only like the hits, because the rest of Soundgarden is way too hard for me), but pretty darn good. Chris Cornell doesn't have quite the range of Scott Weiland, but his vocals are so rich and intense . . . And his lyrics are just the kind I like: poetic, but just grounded enough that I can make sense of them.

Carry On, Chris Cornell: His solo album; just getting into it, but so far I'm digging it. Loopy melodies and same great lyrics.

The Imposter, Kevin Max: Lo these many, many months later, I'm still listening to this great album.
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home