Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

-
We had a blessedly quiet weekend. Friday night we did a lot of nothing. Saturday, some more nothing with a little laundry thrown in. We saw "Becoming Jane" on Saturday night (and contrary to the critics, found it very good). Also watched "Disturbia" on DVD (this is the remake of "Rear Window," probably my favorite Hitchcock, with Shia LaBoeuf; quite respectable). Sunday, more nothing with naps and extra nothing thrown in. A little sitting on the deck. And today our friends and neighbors Bob and Lisa had a fantabulous cookout (best. lambchops. ever.). I made a salad with fig vinaigrette, and also Cooking Light's Lemon-Lime Layer Cake. (Right now Lisa is thinking, "Hey, I never saw a Lemon-Lime Layer Cake . . . " True. It stayed in our fridge.)

I also finished "The Barbarian Conversion: From Paganism to Christianity" about the spread of Christianity through Europe over the 4th-10th centuries. In the end I'm glad I read it, but ohmygoodness it was detailed and dry. And long. I think it did me in for academic reading between now and Italy.
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home