Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Continued Adventures of Lynn's Hand; or, A Lady's Trial

-
I'm not saying I'm proud of the following email exchange, but I can't help it . . . it's funny. (For those woefully out of touch with quality television, Taylor Kitsch is the actor who plays the very smokin' Tim Riggins on Friday Night Lights.)



FROM DEBBIE:
wanna volunteer with me for barack obama’s campaign?


FROM LYNN:
Sure! Do I have to sign up myself, or can you do it for me?


FROM DEBBIE:
hey, woman,
i would sign up for you, but i don't have all your info. (i mean, I have it SOMEWHERE, but lord knows on which floor. hence, this is just faster . . .)
i think this link should take you right to the volunteer sign-up page:
http://action.barackobama.com/page/s/volunteer
smooches,
barry’s girl


FROM LYNN:
“But . . . but . . . my HAND hurts!”
Okay, I'll sign up.


FROM DEBBIE:
OTHER THINGS LYNN WEBER SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GET OUT OF BECAUSE HER
HAND HURTS:
-chopping wood for fire
-churning butter
-washing crockery in steaming, sudsy water
-mech requests


FROM LYNN:
Also:
-answering questions
-being awake for too long
-feeding self


FROM DEBBIE:
LYNN: *in traction* *extremities bound in gauze* *moans piteously* *bats eyes* *is hand-fed peeled grapes by taylor kitsch*
TAYLOR KITSCH: *does not wear shirt* *does not hazard complicated math*
LYNN: *doesn't matter*
TAYLOR KITSCH: *soothes her fevered brow* there there, lady. i'm here. there's no need to freak out anymore.
LYNN: it's so haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard. being meeeeeeeeeeeeee.
TAYLOR KITSCH: i know. it's time to sleep now.
LYNN: *little girl voice* will you read me a story?
TAYLOR KITSCH: . . .
LYNN: okay, fine, will you /tell/ me a story?
TAYLOR KITSCH: *brightens noticeably* well, this one time? at a photo shoot? they asked me to get in the water? . . .
LYNN: *beams* *snuggles in*

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home