Thursday, April 24, 2008

Meanderblog

-
I'm working from home today, currently looking out at the green-gold forest outside my window. Although (or because?) I've been in a state of mild intoxication ever since my day at Sherwood Gardens, my brain is fairly empty. This will be the Goodwill store of blog entries. Random assortment of bits and bobs of dubious value.

1. I'm about halfway through Norman Cantor's The Civilization of the Middle Ages. FANtastic book. Such a good, clear academic writer. I've finished the earliest of the medieval writings (Boethius, Anglo-Saxon poetry, Beowulf), and will start on Abelard and Heloise next, followed by Song of Roland, the Icelandic sagas, and the Niebelungslghskshgfg (<-- code for "I don't know how to spell this").

2. Ryan and Lindsey are spending the night on Friday while their worthy parents go off for a anniversary jaunt to a B&B.

3. On Sunday our gamer friend and co-book-clubber Kim will be introducing the book club to the phenom of Mass Effect. Bagel pizzas will be served.

4. Next Friday is my nephew Keith's graduation from University of Dayton, to which we will be hieing. It used to crush my spirit to think of my nephews having to enter the world of work and full-on adulthood. Why can't they spend the whole of their life at the playground, like they did when they were three? But Jared seems to have weathered the transition just fine, and no doubt Keith will do the same. Resilient, charming young men, they are.
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home