Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Best Ever Therapeutic Playlist

-
I believe it is impossible for someone to want to end their life while jet-skiing. Every mental-health hospital should have its own lake, and just send those suicide-risks out to buzz about on the water. It's so exhilarating, it's impossible not to want to live while engaged in this activity.

Likewise these songs are musical Prozac:

1. Ray of Light, by Madonna. I didn't like Madonna until she (a) became a nicer person after her daughter was born, and (b) made an album I love, which is Ray of Light. The title track is one of my favorite singles.

2. Kokomo, by the Beach Boys. I know most people consider this song to be the main course of a hall-of-fame musical cheesefest, but I like it. It reminds me that most times all you need in life is one other person and some good weather. You know, simple things like . . .

3. Simple Things, by Amy Grant. Most people think of Amy as a lightweight, but many of her songs are serious and deep. This is both light and deep.

4. Free at Last, by DC Talk. The BEST. The very BEST. The joy of life incarnated. (Or "insongated." Whatever.)

5. Ode to Joy, by Beethoven. Okay, so maybe this is the best, the very best.

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home