Wednesday, September 3, 2008

That Cold, Clammy Shiver Down My Spine

-
Up until about a week ago, I was feeling pretty good about the presidential election. Even though McCain wouldn't be my first choice, I thought, if he did win, he would be a decent president. He's leagues away from Bush in experience, wisdom, and outlook, and I still am extremely grateful to him for speaking out against Bush's torture policy.

All that changed, however, with his vice presidential pick. And it only got worse listening to Sarah Palin speak at the convention this evening. When she proclaimed, A good American is ALWAYS proud of America! the crowd went wild and my heart sank. I feel like the Republican Party is almost pathological. They have this sick need to constantly reassure themselves that we are GREAT, and we're always RIGHT, and we're POWERFUL, but we have every reason to be PROUD. It makes my stomach turn.

Here's the heart of the matter. Republicans want to think of America as good. Democrats want America to actually be good.
-

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

exactly! In the same vein, Rs are focused on winning with their vp pick. Ds are focused on who would actually be a good vp.

September 4, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home