Thursday, January 21, 2010

Radiohead

-

I'd somehow managed to remain immune to the charms of Radiohead, all through Kid A and OK Computer. I always liked "Creep," but that was an anomaly.

I think I lacked an emotional connection to the music, something that changed the minute I heard "Hearing Damage" in the climactic forest scene in New Moon. It's my favorite scene of the movie---Victoria chasing Bella, the wolves chasing Victoria, the police chasing the wolves, and Bella chasing an apparition, all from the forested clifftops. The editing and camera angles are fantastic in this scene, and "Hearing Damage" has become one of my favorite cuts from the soundtrack.

Now I'm into In Rainbows, and imagine my surprise when the first cut is the song that played during the closing credits of Twilight. It's not on the Twilight soundtrack (at least the version that I have), so it was a nice surprise. I love those credits, too, and always liked that the movie ended on a kind of rock and roll note rather than the traditional romantic note that you expect.

Also: In Rainbows has great artwork:


















-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home