Monday, October 4, 2010

Paragon of Parenthood

-
My dad has had a tough week. After driving solo from Pennsylvania to Atlanta and back over a two-week period, he came home with sciatica and inflamed nerves from his hip to his ankle. He has to go to Walmart to fulfill his pain prescription, but he may have to use one of their elder scooters to get around, since the store is so vast. His lady friend Dee refuses to be seen with him in public if he's on a scooter, though.

In recent years when I've talked to friends about an absent or neglectful father, I've always compared them to my dad, who at 83 years old still ends every phone call with "Call me if you need me!" Today when we ended our phone conversation, I quipped, "Even if it means you have to tool down to Maryland on a scooter!" I wouldn't put it past him.
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home