Monday, September 12, 2011

"The Great Maw"

-
I wrote this poem after a long walk with Rocky a few months ago. It was spring, which always makes me think of my mom, who died a few years ago. I thought of the ache inside me to see her again, in fact to recover and hold everything in my past: my mom, my childhood, the whole world of my past and that of my family. For everyone, I think, it's an insatiable hunger for permanence for the things we love.


The Great Maw

Want want
Mommy Mommy
Bed and story
Truck is lorry

Want want
Starry night-time
Nightmare fright-time
Sleepyhead

Want want
Pachysandra
Tulip mantis
Daffodil

Want want
Sisters brother
Honeysuckle
Hopscotch boards

Want want
Please please
More more

But death wants me.

-

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

*grief*

September 13, 2011 at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home