Wednesday, May 9, 2007

On the Turntable

-
I've been getting into some new artists lately (well, new for me):

Audioslave: Out of Exile. This band is made up of Chris Cornell from Soundgarden plus the band from Rage against the Machine, but isn't as hard as either of those bands. Chris Cornell is an amazing vocalist and songwriter. There are some surprisingly tender songs on this album, like "Heaven's Dead [When You Are Sad]" and "Dandelion," which I think was written for his daughter.

Stone Temple Pilots: greatest hits compilation. Wow wow wow. I love this album. Great range on the vocals and great production of the music. I think it will be a long time before music and lyrics are as interesting again as they were in the 1990s.

Robin Thicke: The Evolution of Robin Thicke. This is the son of Alan Thicke, who turns out to be a shockingly talented and steamy singer and songwriter. Better than Justin? Possibly. I'm also intrigued by him because he's only 30 years old but has been married for 2 years and together with his (now) wife for 14 years.

Andy Davis: Fine China. This is a non-religious EP by a Christian singer-songwriter I read about in CCM. "Earth and Venus" should be a radio single; great song.

Ayiesha Woods with Toby Mac: "Big Enough." This is another single I keep playing over and over. If it were on a secular label, it would be huge.
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home