Friday, January 4, 2008

Fake Club Names

-
One of my never-to-be-realized dreams over the years has been to open a club or lounge. Over the years here are some of the names I've considered (which is, after all, the most important part of running a business, right??):

Club Soda: This one is a total ripoff, I admit. But I've always loved it. Would have to be a peppy, straightforward dance club.

The Bolt-Hole: A term used by Sherlock Holmes for the little rooms around London that he kept so he could dart in and change costumes or hide out from enemies for a few days. I imagine lots of low sofas and dark lighting.

Ragnarok: This is a term I just became acquainted with. The Vikings believed that the world would end in a cataclysm one day in which even the gods would be destroyed. The name for this cataclysm: Ragnarok. I'm thinking "deep house" and maybe black lights.
-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I particularly like Ragnarok--it would work for a restaurant too--better than Valhalla, say. But really I wanted to say thanks for the recommendation of Enigma by Robert Harris--it was a great weekend read--clever & suspenseful.

January 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, my favorite Robert Harris novel is Fatherland. Check that one out if you haven't yet! Lynn

January 4, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home