Friday, February 15, 2008

Chatty Friday

-
This has been a busy week (by my standards): a rush project at work, and lots of appointments as a windfall of our tax refund: getting the heat pump checked out (routine maintenance), dentist appts., and the like. I'm reading a history of the middle ages by Norman Cantor, which is fantastic. And I also picked up a Bernard Cornwall historical novel set in 9th-century England amid the Viking raids. I absolutely love it so far, and I love that, after my readings, I'm familiar with a lot of the historical detail.

On the agenda for this weekend: going to the Charles to see Persepolis, possibly fitting in No Country for Old Men, and shopping for a recliner. I know you all are sick of that stained yellow easy chair in our living room!
-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered those Bernard Cornwell books, too! I was going to read them slowly but couldn't muster the patience--only one left. Have to confess I got to skipping over those in-depth, gory battle descriptions, but loved how he captures the tone of the period through his stripped down language.

Susan E

February 22, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home