Sunday, June 22, 2008

The New Classics

-
Entertainment Weekly published a list of "new classics" from the last 25 years in the areas of novels, films, and more. So I picked through my list of reading to see what would be on my list (novels only). This reflects my limited reading, but for what it's worth, here's my top ten. Note that you can get many of these used from Amazon for less than a dollar (plus shipping):


1. Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell

2. Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson

3. Bonfire of the Vanities, by Tom Wolfe

4. The Corrections, by Jonathan Franzen

5. Atonement, by Ian McEwan

6. The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold

7. Horse Heaven, by Jane Smiley

8. Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

9. 1982 Janine, by Alasdair Gray

10. How to Be Good, by Nick Hornby

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home