Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh Happy Day

-
I had been wondering what I would name my blog entry on the day after the election, assuming a favorable outcome. And this morning as I pressed "Barack Obama" on the voting machine, I was flooded with emotion and the phrase that came to mind was that from the old spiritual:

Oh Happy Day

The day is not over yet, but I am hoping that the polls will be accurate. If so, this will be a very, very proud day. I will be so proud of my country not only for choosing well but also for where we are as a nation, that an African American man---with a crazy-sounding name, no less---is elected president.

I've been emailing with my buddies today:

Lynn: Excellent for election jitters: Mozart.
Debbie: Also excellent: malt liquor.

Lynda: I'm planning on making a spinach/pepperoni pizza tonight with the toppings layered like the Obama/Biden logo. It bet it will taste like freedom!

Deb's sister: not sure i want to call this an omen just yet, but my dog voted obama at doggie day care. completely unbiased voting process---i held a donkey shaped treat in one hand and an elephant in the other and he chose the donkey. turns out the majority of dogs in the doggie day care did too! same treats!
Lynn: See? Dogs embody all that is best in humanity. The dogs KNOW.

Jerf: Our office is very P.C.--most people do not openly discuss their political allegiance, but I have noticed several instances of a secret phrase that the Obamaniacs are using here--
"It's an exciting day."
"It IS an exciting day."


-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home