Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Revenge of the 80s

-
I am NOT ready for 80s fashions to come back. I hated shoulder pads back in the day, and I still remember the moment in the early 90s when I first saw Marc Jacob's menswear-take on women's pants, with the lower waist, tab front, and no pleats.

And now pleated pants are rearing their ugly head, along with the occasional shoulder pad. I can handle the more subtle takes on this look, for example:

THIS:






















OR THIS:






















OR EVEN THIS:

























But honestly, I'm gonna kill myself if I see this walking down the street:






















--

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! Too true... Susan P

September 16, 2009 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

the leggings and stirrup pants are already threatening my sanity.

September 17, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Chico's this week and they had shiny parachute pants for sale. I couldn't believe my eyes. ...Julie

September 17, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home