Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Favorite Moments of 2009

-

In no particular order:

1. Watching my sister Mamie play cards with 3-year-old Belle, both very serious and engaged as she would say, "Do you have a red card?" "Do you have a black card?"

2. Being at the Chris Cornell concert, soaking in this gorgeous music, watching the shirtless drummer pounding away like his life depended on it, and Ed leaning over and saying, "That drummer is working his ass off."

3. Playing cards with my sister Sally and her boyfriend Hoxie after Sally had surgery, and Hoxie and I making her laugh so hard her incision started bleeding (that may not be Sally's favorite moment, and my mother would disapprove of this health-threatening levity, but it was fun for us)

4. Waking up every morning to the coffee cup that Jay sets out for me.

5. All the life-affirming moments of love and affection from my friends over the course of the year.
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home