Friday, October 8, 2010

Jason Castro

-


















Some of you may remember this guy from a few years ago on American Idol. He made it to the top 5 or so, and was memorable for his laid-back manner, blue eyes, and renditions of "Hallelujah" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." I picked up his CD a week or so ago, and I like it a lot. It's one of those albums that seems better every time I listen to it. His melodies are good, and he includes "Hallelujah," a song he was born to sing; I don't even know why it works so well for him, but it does---it's my favorite rendition. I also respect that he has a artistic vision. The songs have a point of view lyrically, and the music has a consistent and non-generic feel.
-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad yo like his album. Your comment is very insightful.

Have you heard his new song, on his website jasoncastromusic called You Are.

October 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home