Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes Best Dressed 2011

-
First, let me apologize for the sure-to-be-chaotic layout of this entry. I still don't know how to get photos to look right. But here goes.

Great fashion last night! With very few misses (January Jones, Christina Aguilera), IMO.

First, we have trends, both good

Green dresses:




















and evil

Too-long bangs:




















There were jewel tones:




















And one-shouldered beauties:





















Beautiful pinks, both sleek





















and princessy:




















Another trend: women being brave after a public breakup:





















Eva Longoria looked sadder than I've ever seen her, and Scarlett Johanssen looked subdued as well. But that's okay; why not be real instead of trying to fake your way through the night. I respect them.

A special mention as well to Justin Bieber, who has cut his hair! Just a little, just enough to be more grownup. And his black-and-white tennis shoes actually worked with his nice tuxedo (memo to Depp and Co.: watch and learn from the Bieb; classic tux, great grooming, one quirky detail).



In fact, I liked the young style of this guy as well. I don't know who he is (except for his name, Kevin McHale), but he's pulling off a nice geek chic look.





















Now my absolute favorites of the night:

Although the site I took this picture from obviously gave this Marc Jacobs dress a "miss," I love it because it's unusual without being wacky. Very few stars attempt bohemian chic and I wish more would (love you, Cameron Diaz!).




















Jennifer Lawrence, edgy but still beautiful:




















Jane Krakowski, love the color, love the sheen, love the shape:




















Melissa Leo. Do you guys remember her from Homicide years ago? Can you believe this is the same person? Yowza.




















Michelle Williams. Bear with me. I don't like her makeup, and I don't like her posture. But I love white and taupe, and again, it's unusual. She just needs more color in her makeup and accessories and maybe some self-tanner.




















SWINTON!




















Dapper hotties Rob Pattinson and Joseph Gordon-Levitt:





















And now my two favorites of all.

Olivia Wilde may have single-handedly redeemed Marchesa for me. I love brown dresses, though you rarely see them. Her hair color is perfect, the proportions are perfect, and her accessory here (Our Robert) is perfect as well.































Hailee Steinfeld, from True Grit. This is young but not too young. The styling is perfect. And the dress is the kind I like best: clean lines but with an interesting texture.






























-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home