Friday, May 25, 2007

The Blog about Nothing

-
So I deleted yesterday's post on TV. It was filler, something I threw in because I wasn't up to writing more and wanted to provide something new for the two or three people who might actually be reading this. Instead, here's something about what's on my mind today:

1. My friend Chris is in Colorado with his brother, who is dying. It's scary to think of one's siblings dying---it seems both impossible and completely wrong. Everyone else is going to die, sure . . . but not THEM.

Eek.

2. I got a call from Lindsey last night: "Aunt Lynnie, I pooped in the potty!" How lucky am I?

3. It's going to be a long dry summer . . . movie-wise. Almost every screen in Columbia is playing Spiderman, Pirates, or Shrek. Kill me now.

4. So much of being a friend, a sibling, a parent, a son or daughter, is just being there. The gift of your time is the greatest thing you have to offer anyone.

5. I must find a way to lose weight before going to Italy in the fall. Undesired message: I am an overfed American on a tour bus. Desired message: I am a chic international traveler in Italy to study art and shop for designer clothing.

6. Spring is the BEST.

7. How am I going to survive two weeks without Debbie emailing me while she's in Europe??

8. The BSG season finale was perfect.

9. We might be watching Ryan and Lindsey for a few days, and I had the strong feeling yesterday: "I wish Mom could come down and help me."

10. Feeling very lucky today. Good job, good house, good man, good friends, good family, good health.
-

4 Comments:

Blogger Loucos do blog said...

visite meu blog ;)
http://loucosdoblog.blogspot.com/

May 25, 2007 at 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whereabouts in Italy are you going, Lynn? Rome? Venice? Tuscany? If you're interested, I've got a great Pimsleur tape for learning basics of Italian and probably some phrase books. Ciao!

May 27, 2007 at 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mother will be looking down on you and smiling as you do everything the best way you know how- which will somehow be the best choice. You are lucky being the aunt-you get to hear about great strides like pooping in the poy without having to actually experience it.

May 28, 2007 at 2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lynn weber, we need to join forces to get us in shape for your italy jaunt. being "robusta zia debbie" was humiliating. i'm not kidding. someone said that to me. dear jesus.

*goes off to mainline scones*

June 10, 2007 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home