Thursday, July 3, 2008

Heaven on Earth

-
Last night my neighbor Lisa and I went kayaking at nearby Rocky Gorge Reservoir. Lisa and her husband kayak 3-4 evenings a week during the summer, but since husband and son are gone this weekend, I got to fill in. It was still, quiet, beautiful, blue herons everywhere---the place is LOUSY with blue herons. Lisa is also a great cook (she's the one that Jay always says he would marry if anything happened to me), and she made subs on whole-wheat rolls with fresh-made pesto and fresh vegetables, including some from our CSA, and fresh mozzarella. We were on the water for two hours, paddling around, talking about everything under the sun, and eventually stopping for our dinner on a bank. Nature, water, friends . . . heaven on earth in my book.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home