Monday, July 14, 2008

The Menu of Summer

-




















I've already eaten this delightful dish several times this summer. And with my participation in the CSA guaranteeing me a weekly supply of fresh veg, I expect to eat it all summer long. It is the BEST recipe. I copied it from my brother Ed years ago, though I've made small modifications. Here it is:

Ed's Pasta Primavera

PASTA:
Boil pasta of your choice. I'm partial to the protein-enhanced Barilla line. I'm also pro-adding salt and oil to the pot.

PRIMAVERA:
Cut up your veggies. If some veggies are hard (e.g., green beans), boil them first and cook them through.

SAUTE:
Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan. Saute chopped onions until cooked through. Add your other veggies, including any you might have boiled first. My favorite veggies for this dish include green beans, fresh corn, summer squash, and asparagus.

ADD:
Salt and pepper to taste, a couple dashes of nutmeg, and a generous amount of parmesan. Stir around a bit so everything is cooked through and warm. Add fresh basil and mint leaves (if you have them; otherwise, dried is okay), mix with pasta, and serve.

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home