Saturday, January 22, 2011

If I Had to Spend the Rest of My Life Reliving One Day . . .

-
Well, let's be honest, it might be the day I went jetskiing in Ocean City, laughing my head off with my sister clutching my waist, or my wedding night, or that day in Venice. But it could conceivably be today too: fresh brewed coffee, easy chairs turned toward the fireplace, an absolutely roaring fire regularly stoked by my favorite person in the world, my handsome, fun, curious, loving husband, reading and stroking the dog on my lap, who every hour or so rotated between my chair, Jay's chair, and the little dog bed we nestled between our chairs.

-

4 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

*jealous*

January 23, 2011 at 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, fellow Body of Home, know of these delights of which I speak.

January 23, 2011 at 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read this as I sit on the sofa with Monkey, reading The Tenderness of Wolves. Great book, cozy spot, little dog, hard to beat. Susan E

January 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dog really does complete the happiness. Plus you are reading The Tenderness of Wolves, best winter reading ever.

January 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home