Monday, November 5, 2007

The Carolinas

-
This weekend I went to Charlotte, NC, with my brother and dad to visit my eldest sister, Mamie, in her new home south of Charlotte (in SC, technically). My brother-in-law Steve is in heaven with his house backing up to the golf course, his new fire pit, and no Cleveland winters. Lovely area. We also traveled to Asheville and saw the Biltmore and grounds on a lovely day. I also started in on Robert Harris's novel Archangel, which takes place in modern-day Russia and Stalinist USSR and I like even more than Enigma. Harris's books are like popular thrillers raised to their highest literary potential---really good.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I may have to look up some Robert Harris books at the library. I've never heard of him before. Sally

November 5, 2007 at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home