Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The 12 Months of 2008

-
Watching The Biggest Loser and even the movie Into the Wild made me start thinking about goals. I'm not usually big on new year's resolutions, but here are 12 goals for 2008:

1. Take tennis lessons.
2. Read at least half of the 44 unread fiction books on my bookshelves.
3. Take a bona fide road trip.
4. Go kayaking at least once.
5. Retain my Italian skills.
6. Watch at least 5 minutes of Univision every day.
7. Bulldoze through my Netflix queue.
8. Improve my homemade-to-Lean Cuisine ratio.
9. Make bread.
10. Make myself of use in the world.
-

5 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

i am hereby making myself available to you in the bona fide road trip and retaining your italian skills categories.

January 16, 2008 at 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does trucking over to the Cold Stone Creamery count as a road trip?

January 17, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger wordwitch said...

44 unread books huh? Well, that in itself is a worthy challenge. I usually only have 20-25 unread on my shelf...Frustrating thing is, sometimes I'll stand there looking at them and not one of them appeals - so it's off to the bookstore (used if possible) I go....

January 17, 2008 at 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly! Which, of course, is how one ends up with 44 unread books . . .

January 18, 2008 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger DJ said...

THE ENGLISH MAJOR'S HYMN [sing with me, now]:
Ninety-nine novels to read on your shelf / ninety-nine novels to read / you take one down, scanning each line / ninety-eight novels to read on your shelf!

January 19, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home