Saturday, November 10, 2007

Art from Africa

Maybe you were expecting stone sculpture or African headdresses? This is actually a drawing by Deginesh, one of the kids we sponsor through Compassion International. From the time she was little, she always included really good drawings on her letters, and this one is now on my desktop.


















One day I'll learn a little bit of Amharic and will figure out what she's written at the bottom.

In other news, I've just finished The Penguin Historical Atlas of the Vikings. These Penguin historical atlases are really good--just the right length for a busy person who doesn't want to commit to a 500-page tome on a subject. And now I'm reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods, in which my Viking knowledge is already coming in handy. American Gods is a cult classic, but it took me a while to get into it. Now I'm at that stage where, in the course of an evening, I find myself itching to get back to it.
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home